Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring Cleaning

 Well, there's nothing like "out with the old and in with the new!" 

This past weekend, my landlord put new flooring in my apartment.  We have had some old dingy carpet for the past few years, and he decided to replace it with tile.

Without going into too many details, let's just say that I'm glad the flooring is in, but it was not without blood, sweat and tears.  Here are some "in process" shots.

Bye bye old carpet!
Holly and I spent two hours shopping for new rugs, plants, lamps, organizational bins...and everything else in between.

I leave you with this image to let you know what we were up against regarding clean up.  It was not fun.  When the carpet was removed, they had to sand the floors before they put the tile down.  Well, sanding the floors created this wonderful, thick, white dust that conveniently settled on all the furniture that they forgot to drop cloth...Anyway...I digress.

I'll have some "after" photos coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my!! This post made me laugh. I can only imagine what it was like through all that. But yay for Bombshelter upgrades! You're amazing Em! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete