Tuesday, December 21, 2010

December 21st- Jesus Calling

"My plan for your life is unfolding before you. Sometimes the road you are traveling seems closed, or it opens up so painfully slowly that you must hold yourself back. Then, when the time is right, the way before you suddenly clears--through no effort of your own. What you have longed for and worked for I present to you freely, as pure gift. You feel awed by the ease in which I operate in the world, and you glimpse My Power and My Glory.

Do not fear your weakness, for it is the stage on which My Power and Glory perform most brilliantly. As you persevere along the path I have prepared for you, depending on My strength to sustain you, expect to see miracles--and you will. Miracles are not always visible to the naked eye, but those who live by faith can see them clearly. Living by faith, rather than sight, enables you to see My Glory." -Sarah Young

Funny how we often feel so out of control--then we realize--"Oh! We aren't in control! God is." Honestly, that is the most comforting realization I can think of. If I was in charge of my future I would be making decision based on what I could see in front of me--the one dimensional world that I am restricted to seeing--not based on what would happen 10, 20, 30 or more years from now. As we all enter a New Year, let us pray that we will be satisfied to say to God "Thy will be done" in whatever comes our way.

If you aren't familiar with Jesus Calling, take a moment to check out my post from January of 2009. January is a great time to start with a new devotional!

1 comment:

  1. Emily....I first started reading your blog last year and just wanted you to know that I return to this one frequently. It has been one that has become a backdrop of my life for one year now. Thank u for posting. From the remotest Louisiana wilderness I wish you a Merry Christmas. Kind Regards.

    ReplyDelete