Monday, October 31, 2011

Leftover Pumpkin week: Pumpkin Blondies

As you can tell, I took a little hiatus from my normally very health conscious to try some fall recipes that were calling my name.  I stumbled upon Ooey Gooey Caramel Pumpkin Blondies on the Tasty Kitchen blog and knew they had to be tried.  Any dessert with the words carmel, pumpkin, and blondie in it sound like a winner to me!

Be sure to hop over to Tasty Kitchen and see their fabulous step by step photos!

The ingredient list is basic and easy...I had most of them already in my kitchen:

  • FOR THE BLONDIES:
  • ¾ cups Butter, Softened
  • 1 cup Packed Brown Sugar
  • 2 whole Eggs
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
  • 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
  • 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
  • ½ teaspoons Nutmeg
  • 1-¾ cup All-purpose Flour
  • 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
  • ¼ teaspoons Salt
  • FOR THE FILLING:
  • ½ cups Chopped Walnuts
  • ¼ cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
  • 14 ounces, weight Caramels, Unwrapped (1 Bag)
  • ¼ cups Heavy Cream

It looks like this before it goes into the oven:

Ta-da!  The finished product paired with none other than Pilgrim Joe's Pumpkin ice cream!

What's your favorite "pumpkin" treat to make?

No comments:

Post a Comment