Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Meeting the FLOTUS

Laura Bush spoke to the Congressional Club last week and promoted her new book, Spoken from the Heart. My boss' wife was kind enough to invite me to go along with her. I was ecstatic--I did not know exactly what to expect, but it was better than I imagined!

Mrs. Bush spoke for about 15 minutes, then read a short section from her book. There were 10 tables of 10 women--so it was a very intimate crowd. I was one table away from her! I was impressed by her beauty--so natural, her quiet manner that directly connected with everyone in the room, her soft wit that made us all laugh. While she was personalizing my book she asked me if I would like a picture...to which I answered, "YES!" I didn't want to ask her, but was so happy that she offered.

I highly recommend Spoken from the Heart. I'm reading through it now and loving it!

FLOTUS

Congressman Harper's wife, Sidney and me

Signed photographs from previous FLOTUS's adorned the walls at the Congressional Club

The note on this table is hand written by Mrs. Bush

1 comment:

  1. EM this is amazing and you look DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!! :) love u!

    ReplyDelete