Friday, May 6, 2011

Prayer

"I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me."
C.S. Lewis

The power of prayer--how many times have you heard that in your life? Enough times to dismiss it as a cliche? C.S. Lewis (again) conveys a very powerful thought about the importance of prayer in our lives. It can be tempting to think that we don't need to pray because God knows our thoughts and he knows the outcome of our lives. However, if we neglect prayer we are only hurting ourselves. Prayer is our direct line to the Creator and sustainer of the universe! What a wonderful gift and privilege to be able to come to Him at any moment of the day or night.

I keep thinking about the last sentence over and over: "It doesn't change God - it changes me." So will you choose to be changed?

No comments:

Post a Comment