Thursday, September 1, 2011

New Seat Cushions!

I could not wait to replace the red cushions with a softer color material.  

The first step was removing the heavily stapled material from each chair. 


Once the old material was removed, Kern and I decided that the current foam on the chairs were in good shape and would be perfect for future use.



During my trip to Mississippi, I visited several of my favorite fabric stores and after much debate selected a fabric that I love.

I got the dimensions of my cushions and cut out a paper pattern from some wrapping paper.  I pinned the wrapping paper to some scrap material that my mom had and cut out a cloth pattern, allowing several extra inches around the perimeter for it to wrap around the side cushions and have plenty of room to staple the material underneath.

So what did I choose? 

The BIG REVEAL will be tomorrow!  See you then!

1 comment:

  1. AHHH I'm on the edge of my seat anxiously awaiting the finished product!!!!

    ReplyDelete