Thursday, March 8, 2012

St. Paddy's Day Inspired Table/Decor

It's hard to believe it is already March!  Which means: spring, more hours of sunlight...and St. Paddy's Day!

Using supplies I already had, I whipped up a few items to make the table do an Irish jig.

Arts 'n crafts: I cut clover shapes out of green cardstock.

I secured the initialed clover to a napkin with jute and a small St. Paddy's themed ribbon.

I still need to paint my table top!  I'm thinking of stripping it and staining the wood dark instead of painting...

I borrowed some green rocks from the bottom of a flower arrangement and mixed in a few rhinestones (leprechaun jewels!) and tied the plant arrangement with a sunny, yellow striped ribbon.

Kern wore green for the occasion.

A full out spring door basket re-do is on the way, but for the time being I took out the red berries and replaced the red ribbon with a white satin ribbon and some more St. Paddy's Day ribbon.

When you sit at a desk all day, sometimes you just need to sit on the floor and cut out shapes!
Happy March!

No comments:

Post a Comment