Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tandem Bike: Let's Do This

Over the next few days, Kern will provide commentary for the restoration of the bike.

Narrative by Kern:


I could go into a lot of things here.  I could talk about the bad decision of combining sea foam with mustard yellow.  I could brag about this hand-built bike carrier you see magnificently seated in the bed of this truck.  If you want, I could tell you about the art of parallel parking this sled in the city.  But, we're gonna take a moment and admire something truly admirable.  A well executed ratchet strap tie-down.


Nah, look at that beauty.  Our 1974 JC Penny Dual Swinger.  Regular readers may not know this, but I have been putting the "swing" in swinger since 1998.  Catch my drift.  


We're gonna start the rebuild with a tear down.  That's right.  Starting from scratch.  Brings me to another point.  I got this awesome sourdough bread recipe from a Nun I met on the Metro last month.  But that's neither here nor there.  I digress.  


     Lotta heat in that seat.  Wink. Wink.  Join us next time for the stripping and priming.

No comments:

Post a Comment