Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thankful in Threes

In an effort to consciously count my blessings, I've decided to start a weekly post entitled:

Thankful in Threes

Even though I have many more than three things per week to be thankful for, I thought it would be a good place to start.  I'm going to try not to think too hard about this post - I want it to highlight some of the "little things" that make this ol' life so wonderful. 

(Plus since I'm doing this post on Thursday and I'm trying to be all English-Major-cool-alliteration-like...I think three will be my number)

Without further adieu...here are my three thankfuls for this week:
(click "read more")

One: The summer heat.  I know, I know.  You're sweating.  It's humid.  It may not be fun to walk around in the heat, but...remember when it was winter and 20 degrees and you were complaining?  Ok, I may be talking to myself here, but I'm going to try to keep in mind that in winter I always wish it were summer...and in summer...vice versa.
The Capitol last week during our first summer heat wave.  Love that haze!

Two: The National Gallery of Art...is a five minute bike ride from my front door.  I can walk or ride down any time and just stare at glorious works of art.
The Water Lily Pond with the Japanese Bridge
Claude Monet, 1899

Three: fresh summer fruit from the farmer's market.  Everyone has their local spot where they love to grab the goods.  Mine happens to be Eastern Market.  I enjoy my weekly trek there as much as I love the treats that I bring home!
Local cherries and peaches!

No comments:

Post a Comment