Thursday, January 5, 2012

2011: A good year

Photo: Capitol Sunrise
I'm not usually one to characterize a year as "good" or "bad" because I think all years are a mix of happiness, sadness, growth experiences and trials, but...I may go out on a limb and say that 2011 was my best year thus far.

I changed my diet--started eating less meat and dairy and more greens and fruit.  I read several books and learned more about managing my finances.  I kept up my running with Capitol Hill Running Club.  I started doing pilates. I taught myself how to paint and distress furniture and then formally educated myself by taking a class.  I traveled to several new cities in the U.S. 

I treasured my relationships.  I built new friendships in DC with my wonderful roommates.  I spent time with childhood friends.  I celebrated dear friends getting married. I saw more of the world with my best friend and documented it with our camera

The word that keeps resounding in my head as I type is "blessed."  Blessed. Blessed. Blessed.

I'm looking forward to 2012...who knows, it may just have the potential to top 2011!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Emily way to make the most of 2011! However I'm with you believing that 2012 is going to be the best year yet!!! Love you friend! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete