Thursday, April 5, 2012

Easter Table Setting

I had fun changing up the table and freshening it for spring!

Last week, a new little friend arrived in the mail (see below).  For those of you who do not hail from Mississippi, you may not be familiar with The Wolfe Studio located in Jackson. 

Let me fill you in before you think I'm weird for collecting these animal figurines!  
"Karl and Mildred Nungester Wolfe were each exceptionally well-trained artists when they built their home in Mississippi after World War II.  Both had won major prizes for their work and were exhibiting widely.  They established their studio in 1946, at the present location which was then outside the City of Jackson.
   Working in a wide range of media and form - painting, mosaic, printmaking, stained glass, and ceramics - Karl and Mildred created many works of art for public spaces as well as an important body of work held in collections nationwide.  Karl became a portraitist in great demand, and although Mildred painted portraits as well, she focused on landscapes and scenes of everyday life."

-excerpt from The Wolfe Studio website, please read the rest here


My new yellow bunny - thoughtful gift from my parents!

My 2011 bunny

They also make birds!  Gran Fran gave me this one for Christmas in 2010.
I used some moss and rocks around the base to pull everything together.

I pulled this urn off my bookshelf and filled it with hydrangeas (my favorite spring flower if you can't tell!)
I want some kind of mirror or cool antique tile to set all this on and anchor it together.
I'm always on the hunt!

My mom gave me the napkins - I tied them with jute, green satin ribbon and a bit of blue raffia

Still going to re-stain the table top...it's on the to-do list!

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment