Monday, April 23, 2012

White House Spring Garden Tour

April showers bring May flowers...

We really embraced that on Sunday at the White House Garden tour!

I came prepared - rain jacket, rain boots and an umbrella!


Great view from the lawn of the Washington Monument.  Can you see the Jefferson in the distance?


POTUS's putting green
Sasha and Malia's playground
America's house
Charles and Matthew
The White House Vegetable Garden - I loved this part!
Sufficiently soaked from standing in the rain for 45 minutes and wandering through the White House grounds, we made our way to The Hamilton for a delicious brunch.  

French press coffee and homemade biscottis!


Appetizer: cinnamon pecan sticky bun
Eggs Benedict is one of my "go-to" items to order at brunch.  I can't poach an egg myself so when I go out to eat, I figure, "Why not order something I can't make myself"  All that to say, I've had a lot of eggs benedict and...I think this one might have been my favorite...ever.  The bread was perfect, the ham was a little bit sweet, the eggs were the right consistency and hollandaise complemented it all.  Ah-mazing.

All that to say...I will be back to The Hamilton! 

1 comment:

  1. Love this post. Makes me miss you and DC so much!!

    ReplyDelete