Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Congratulations, Archer and Henry!

Archer and Henry got engaged on Monday night!


I could not be more thrilled for this great couple!  It is fun having DC friends get engaged and married--and very special when you have been friends with one or both for years.

Archer and I met in January of 2005 when she transferred to Ole Miss.  We lived next door to each other in the freshman dorm--enough said!  Fast forward to college graduation and she and I moved to DC within months of one another.

I considered her a very close friend in college, but our friendship has grown my leaps and bounds in DC.  Honestly, there are times I don't know what I would have done without her here!  Since we live in different areas of town, we make it a point to have "date nights" and lunch together whenever we can.  In the warmer months, we have been known to go on 2 hour walks and in the winter we meet up for lunch or dinner and catch up face to face.  There is something about continuing a friendship with a person from college throughout the first years of living in a new city and having a first job.  

Archer identifies with me, encourages me and gives me advice.  She is solid and trustworthy.  She is the kind of friend that makes me want to be a better friend.

It has been great getting to know Henry the last few years too.  Whenever we are all spending time together, he always makes me laugh and has hilarious observations that I sometimes tend to miss.  I'm so excited for the next chapter to begin for these two.  Congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment