Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Fourth Annual Reading

For the past four years, my friends and I have kicked off Christmas in DC with a special evening dedicated to the reading of The Polar Express.  

This year, Jordan and Buck graciously hosted our group once again.  Their decorations did not disappoint--all guests were welcomed by the roaring fire, decorated Christmas mantle and stockings.

Setting the scene

Buck's stocking

Our hosts for the evening:
Mr. Buckalew

Mr. Downs
The reading began:


Yes, I wore my pajamas.  You can't read and fully appreciate The Polar Express unless you are comfortable.



After the reading we all enjoyed a screening of "A Charlie Brown Christmas"--arguably my favorite Peanuts movie (it's hard to pick a favorite).

Do you have a way to kick off the Christmas season every year?  What are your favorite traditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment