Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Happy Birthday to...me!

I had a very special birthday weekend!

On Saturday night, Kern and I had a wonderful dinner at Al Crostino on U Street.  I'd been wanting to try this mother/daughter owned Italian restaurant, and it did not disappoint.  I had this mushroom stuffed pasta with cream sauce...and I don't even like cream sauce (I'm a red sauce kinda gal) and it was AH-mazing. 

Christmas lights behind me on U Street

On Sunday morning, Lee and Holly took me to Ardeo Bardeo in Cleveland Park for brunch.  We just sat, ate and talked for almost 2 hours--it was so much fun.
Wonderful Roomies!
After church on Sunday night, Kern organized and arranged for all our friends to come over to his house and have a birthday dinner for me!

Yummy!
Carolyn made my cake: 3 layers (2 white, one funfetti) with raspberry filling.  It was delicious!
Can you see the adorable banner sign with my name on it?  Carolyn's sister, Ali, has an Etsy shop called Lavender Strings.  She made my banner.  Check out her shop--it's so cute!
So many dear friends came and it was great to see everyone after the Thanksgiving break.
Archer and Henry

Katie, Holly and Charles
The planner and the person behind the camera:



Laineybug and me

Carolyn, me, Katie and Mary Ellis

Thanks to everyone who came to the party!  It was the perfect way to end the weekend and celebrate turning 2-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment